Tools and examples to help engage and inform your audiences about how to prepare for disasters, taking into account the needs of their animals.
These examples of campaigns and materials have been used to give vital information to animal owners so they can best protect their animals from disasters.
We work with governments, international bodies, NGOs and local and national partners, empowering communities in disaster-prone areas to prepare for the future. This can include:
- training people to care for animals during and after disasters
- developing community emergency plans that include animals
- setting up early warning systems
- showing people how to store and protect food and water
- demonstrating how to safely evacuate animals from danger
- building, strengthening and securing animal shelters
- running vaccination programmes
- releasing public service announcements on caring for animals during disasters